We are now looking to strengthen our editorial team with experienced native English- and French-speaking freelance writers and editors. Because of the varying workloads, we are particularly interested in freelancers who are able to work in our Brussels office. We are also looking for staff to work inside the European Commission as part of a unit’s communication team. You must be familiar with the communication needs of our EU institutional clients and thrive in a multicultural environment.
Expertise is needed in one or more areas:
- Research topics, conduct interviews and write texts for online and print communication products (reports, articles, social media posts, brochures, leaflets, press materials, etc.).
- Edit or proof-read texts for various target audiences on a wide range of topics.
- Write scripts – we need freelance native English speakers with experience in scriptwriting for short videos.
We need these skills and experience:
- Experience as a media journalist or in a communications agency working on print, online and audio-visual projects.
- Skilled in social media communications.
- Up-to-date knowledge of EU institutions and policies.
- Able to liaise with clients and work closely with ESN’s in-house production teams.
- Provide advice to clients on how to target their print, web and multimedia communications.
- Prioritise quality and time management.