The Europe Direct Contact Centre (EDCC) answers around 120,000 enquiries per year in all 24 official European languages on EU related matters. To help answer enquiries in a professional, accurate and efficient manner, we are looking for a number of supervisors based in our offices in Brussels or Lisbon.
Supervisors have a key role to play in ensuring enquiries from citizens are answered in an accurate, professional and timely manner - as mid-management at the EDCC, the role consists of supporting the coaching and training of 5-6 communication officers (COs), as well as acting as in-house expert on a number of key EU policy areas, and answering enquiries directly from European citizens.
- Team supervision, planning and daily assistance on the work floor
- Individual feedback, coaching, motivation and support to the COs
- Systematic quality control of replies from non-tenured COs
- On-the-job content and soft-skills training for the COs
- Liaison with European Commission Back-offices in a number of key policy areas
- Coordination with the trainer on trainings and training needs
- Escalation and return of 2nd level enquiries
- Drafting and updating model answers and supporting an efficient and up-to date knowledge management system for the EDCC
- Reporting to higher management
- Quality control
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar setting advantageous
- Master’s degree in EU studies or related field
- Strong language skills: C2 level of English + at least one additional official EU language (C2 level) is essential. An extra choice of languages would be preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a role requiring a solid grasp of EU policies
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions, activities and policies
- Critical thinker, proactive, innovative, hands-on and solution focused approach
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
- Professional organization and planning skills, including time management, priority setting and multitasking
- Leads by example