Senior bid manager / writer
- To assist with the identification, analysis and evaluation of appropriate bidding opportunities
- To conceive, direct and supervise commercial bids for major communication contracts
- To lead, motivate and support internal bid teams
- To write key sections of bids – in particular, those that explain and describe the communication strategy proposed
- To identify appropriate partners and sub-contractors, negotiate terms, and coordinate external input to bids
- To assure the overall coherence, consistency and quality of bids prior to submission
- To ensure the efficient handover of successful bids to the delivery team
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who is creative, dependable, well-organised and meticulous.
She or he must be an accomplished communication strategist with a strong commercial track record in the domain of communication, PR or advertising.
Essential characteristics (please do not apply unless you match all of these):
- Minimum three to four years full-time communication experience
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of communication channels
- Ability to stay cool under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Diplomacy, excellent people skills and a strong commercial/sales instinct
- Demonstrable experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Good writing and presentational skills
- Native or native-level written and spoken English
- Relevant university degree (Bachelors or higher)
- Knowledge or experience of the EU institutions
- Experience of large-scale communication campaigns
- Masters degree in Communication
- Good conversational French
Candidates matching all of the essential characteristics listed above will be called for a first interview. The interview process will include a practical written test.