ESN is looking for a Junior System Administrator to join our IT team. You will work within a dynamic and flexible environment where customer satisfaction is key.
Are you ambitious and looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong interest in managing an IT environment and have a natural problem-solving attitude? Please come and talk with us, ESN has the perfect challenge for you!
- You are responsible for managing and implementing the ICT infrastructure, as well as supporting end users in an organisation of +/- 50 staff members.
- You oversee the daily operations of the ICT infrastructure
- You are not afraid to take responsibility and advance your career a little higher
- You ensure the continuity of IT and telecommunication systems and the processes by implementing preventive maintenance
- You are an IT enthusiast who can work both independently and as a team member.
- You have good communication skills. You will find comfortable in an environment where you will have to find your way with both management and production departments
- You already have experience with:
- Windows servers
- Active Directory
- Networks (Cisco) and firewalls
- Web hosting
- You implement, maintain and test backup and recovery strategies
- You install, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers on both internal network and external webhosting platforms
- You are the contact for ICT requests for our staff; you support and manage them on a daily basis.
- You take ownership and are the main contact point for the operational management of the infrastructure
- You monitor the performance of our ICT environment and work proactively
- You plan and oversee system replacements and upgrades
- You are capable to handle escalations and you can inform your manager in time
- You are responsible for keeping documentation up-to-date
- You participate actively on improving customer service and satisfaction.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a high potential; an IT generalist and you are looking for a new challenge
- An expertise with Linux based environment is an asset (Debian, Apache, Citrix Xen)
- You have an good knowledge of the Microsoft systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server (AD, Exchange, DNS, …)
- You have a strong interest in supporting end-users and listen to their needs to proactively create solutions to improve their work
- You have strong analytical skills and a proactive, flexible approach
- You have a genuine interest in technology
- Your attitude, experience and willingness to learn is more important than your degree.
- You are able to analyse and troubleshoot technical and computer-related problems
- You master at least English and also Dutch or French (read, write and speak)
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to strict time scales and service level targets.
- You are a team player that can work independently and you have the willingness to learn and adapt to changing work practices.
- You are stress resistant, disciplined, communicative and find customer satisfaction extremely important.
What can you expect?
- A very challenging and interesting long-term project.
- A young and dynamic team, a flat management structure.
- A Competence Center, where it is important to build up and share knowledge.
- Career opportunities and a great work-fun balance
- Open communication and room for initiative.
- An attractive salary and fringe benefits corresponding your experience:
- Competitive salary
- Group - and hospitalization insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Extensive training package
- Personal Development Plan (POP)