The Europe Direct Contact Centre (EDCC) answers around 120,000 enquiries per year in all 24 official European languages on EU related matters. To help answer enquiries in a professional, accurate efficient and timely manner, we are looking for a number of communication officers (COs) based anywhere in Europe.
Your main task is to answer questions from citizens and businesses on the European Union's activities and policies via telephone, email and other channels. The entire team provides coverage in all 24 official EU languages 255 days per year. You will be supported by a Knowledge Management system to provide appropriate and timely response.
Your role includes:
- Replying directly to phone call or instant messaging enquiries
- Drafting replies to email enquiries
- Identifying sensitive or complex enquiries for transfer to 2nd line Support Services via supervisors
- Communicating in an easy-to-understand, jargon-free language about all aspects of the EU
- Dealing with citizens and business in a professional, service-oriented manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3 year degree – EU studies preferable
- Proven interest in European policies and developments
- Strong written and oral language skills: C2 level of English + at least one, if not two additional official EU languages (C2 level)
- Critical thinker, proactive, innovative, hands-on and solution focused approach
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
- Ability to handle stress and communicate clearly on complex matters
- A friendly, service-oriented attitude to citizens and businesses contacting the centre for advice
- Professional organisation and planning skills, including time management, priority setting and multitasking