Communication Officer at EDCC
The Europe Direct Contact Centre (EDCC) answers around 150,000 enquiries per year in all 24 official European languages on EU related matters.
To help answer enquiries in a professional, accurate efficient and timely manner, we are looking for trilingual Communication Officers (COs) in different EU official languages. The work is organised remotely and the applicant should be based in an EU Member State for the provision of the services.
Your main task is to answer questions from citizens and businesses on the European Union's activities and policies via telephone, email and other channels. The entire team provides coverage in all 24 official EU languages, 255 days per year. You will be supported by a Knowledge Management system to provide appropriate and timely response.
You will be trained and supported by an experienced team of content experts including a knowledge management system to retrieve answers to the most frequently raised questions.
Your role includes:
- Replying directly to web enquiries, phone calls and later instant messaging enquiries,
- Identifying sensitive or complex enquiries for transfer to 2nd line Support Services,
- Communicating in an easy-to-understand, jargon-free language,
- Dealing with citizens in a professional, service-oriented manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3 year degree – EU studies preferable,
- Strong written and oral language skills in English + two of the following languages: Danish, German, Dutch, French, Swedish, Italian,
- Proven interest in European policies and developments,
- Critical thinker, proactive, innovative, hands-on and solution focused approach,
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment,
- Ability to handle stress and communicate clearly on complex matters,
- Professional organisation and planning skills, including time management, priority setting and multitasking