Business Development Manager
The European Service Network continues to build on the future and wants to invest in new projects. To further consolidate our growth, we want to strengthen our Business Development Team. The new Business Development Manager will develop and implement our sales and marketing strategy, lead the business development team and report directly to ESN’s Managing Director and Steering Committee.
ESN is a full-service communications agency, specialised in the public sector.
The assignment of the Business Development Manager is to:
- Develop, plan and execute ESN's overall commercial strategy, in consultation with the company's directors and shareholders
- To oversee and support the tender management team (currently 2 FTEs staff members) in responding to tenders – from the public sector, particularly government, EU institutions etc. – and ensuring the application of sound and successful pricing and partnership policies
- Proactively building relationships with new public sector clients and potential business partners across the EU in order to win new contracts and identify suitable opportunities
- Initiating contacts, lobbying, participating in events, pro-active prospecting
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated senior manager who is creative, energetic and well-organised, and who can keep a cool head under pressure.
Essential characteristics (please do not apply if you do not meet all these requirements)
- A minimum of six years successful experience in relevant target audiences and areas
- Proven strategic and commercial skills
- Ability to lead by example, supervise and support a team
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch, French and English,
- A degree in commercial, business or communication studies.
- Extensive experience in institutional or government communication
The package is negotiable, depending on experience.